May 28, 2010

The Blogging Gap

As a newcomer to the production of the blogosphere, I have dived head first into analyzing the place. A few trends have stood out.

Striating Differences Between Males and Females
As a female, I closely identify with fashion bloggers, and the whimsical delicate touches of crafts bloggers. I devour personal development blogs, but these are mainly run by men. Now, I'm not trying to say that the market is forcefully weeding out exceptions to stereotypes. On the contrary, the internet makes it apparent that the most creative tend to do the best. And it's not like anyone is forcing these bloggers to write about certain topics. They just naturally gravitate in that direction. And I'm no exception to the rule.

Rule-breakers
Of course, I do see wonderful rule-breakers. A couple of women who've I've taken note of in the past week are Sacha and Allie. Sacha rules. She is one of the most intelligent and constantly growing people that I can think of. Her curiosity is fueled by her motivation to help others by creating value. Allie is awesome because she uses a (sometimes vulgar) sense of humor to brighten up people's days. Her art is all done on a program similar to MS Paint. She is just plain funny.

These women are exceptional in their blogging content and approach because they pop out like striped octopi in a tank full of goldfish.

My hope is that one day I'll be blogging and run across the perfect type of post topic, one that will break a trend, or inspire someone and then become my focus. I will find my niche and it will be epic.

No comments:

Visit the New Blog

If you're looking for freshly updated content, visit my new blog at www.SelinaPittari.com.