May 11, 2010

How I Organize My Closet (and why you should too)

Ever since I had a closet to call my own I've been organizing my closet this way. Every now and then I'll change up the order and reverse it, but for the most part this is how it usually looks.

I organize my clothes by sleeve length. Tanks on the left, jackets on the right, tees, cardis, and everything in between in the middle. Formal wear and purses on the very right. My pants are folded and stacked below the hanging clothes. It feels good to have all of my clothes in their determined spot so that I can easily locate pieces in a hurry. I have less grief because of it, and I think most people would benefit from some sort of similar organizational method.



My scarves live on their own hanger. I find this method easy to use because whenever I'm looking to spice up my wardrobe with a zing of color I tend to go to my scarves. It's easy to match colors this way.

For my jewelry, I use a desk organizer that is meant to hold pencils, pens, paperclips, binder clips and such. It's a handy tool for storing earrings, bracelets, and a few necklaces.

How do you organize your clothes and accessories? Is there a method to the madness?

No comments:

Visit the New Blog

If you're looking for freshly updated content, visit my new blog at www.SelinaPittari.com.