May 24, 2010

Constant Goals


For the last couple of weeks, I've been taking it easy. I haven't had much success in the way of goal-setting because I was trying my hand at living spontaneously and freely (all of this was done before finals week). Well, it didn't really work out.

Surprisingly, there wasn't a day where I went to bed truly satisfied with my day's work. Without self-education goals, I refrained from extending my mental capacity. I read others' blogs, and found inspiration, but on a low-level, meandering sort of way. I had room and time for dreaming, but didn't find myself to be imaginative. Without exercising discipline in my day, I wasn't able to produce much. Without that, it's impossible to record achievements and spur myself to do better.

I desperately need inspiration and motivation in my life. I do get more accomplished when I've packed my day full of activities, but that doesn't mean that I must let someone else dictate my day. I can self-implement my goals which are usually based self-education about interesting topics.

Here are some things that I'm currently interested in finding out about/working on:
  • Finances (including investment strategies, etc)
  • Autism (learned partially about this in class today, want to know more)
  • Sewing (got started with one of my appreciation projects, want to make my own fashion line)
  • Art/Design (how forms come together, how to draw fantastic backgrounds, digital art, web design)
  • Increase my reading speed (read about this in Tim Ferriss's 4-hour Work Week, but need to put it into practice more often)
  • Exercise (how to stretch the right way, how to work more muscles in a workout)
I will soon come out with a more refined idea about how each of these elements will work their way into my life in a patterned manner. As for now, any suggestions on how to further my expertise in any of these areas is much appreciated!

2 comments:

Adina Michelle said...

I recently read about proper stretching in my PE class. It's always imperative that you warm up the muscles a little before stretching. Never stretch "cold". Also, there are a bunch of stretches that are commonly practiced, but put too much pressure on ligaments.

Selina said...

Thanks Adina for sharing that. I'll be sure to do my research before starting too rigorous an exercise regimen.

Visit the New Blog

If you're looking for freshly updated content, visit my new blog at www.SelinaPittari.com.