May 20, 2010

How I deal with Stress

Whenever I have too much work to do, I naturally become stressed. I use one main technique to deal with it all. I plan.

Even when I have way too much to do for the allotted amount of time that I have to complete the tasks, I tend to organize everything into bite-sized pieces and time blocks to complete them by. I give myself generous breaks and time to refresh (e.g., showers, bathroom breaks, eating meals). This helps me to prioritize. If I'm late for class, I don't wash my oatmeal cup.

Robotically planning out a couple of stressful days helps me to de-stress. But when I imagine planning out every single day, minute by minute, I feel suffocated. A cherished part of my life is having the flexibility to do spontaneous things, but when I'm overburdened, I like having a plan.

What's your tool for de-stressing?

No comments:

Visit the New Blog

If you're looking for freshly updated content, visit my new blog at www.SelinaPittari.com.