May 8, 2010

Responsibility in Planning



I'm in charge of a few things this quarter.

1) Mother's Day Dinner May 9th.
Despite the seeming simplicity of the event, it is proving hard to plan for. On Sunday we'll be feeding the largest amount of people we've ever fed in the history of our young lives. I think the total came out to approximately 11 persons. What fun! What horror!

2) Relay for Life on May 22nd.
I'm getting my Jumpstart team together to participate in this event that raises money for cancer research. We'll be walking nonstop for 24hrs in shifts, and it should be great fun. However, it requires me to take over the leadership of a team and coordinate the food, tents, and other necessities that we will need in 24hrs.

3) Old Team Leader and New Team Leader Gathering after May 28th.
I think the most challenging piece of this event will be that the date will coincide with many peoples' finals. I might not get a great turnout. Anyways, it will be wonderful experience to learn how to gather a bunch of people with a variety of backgrounds and differences, into a common space to socialize. It will be a new challenge, but an exciting one.

As for my summer plans, I had it in my mind that I should have taken a fellowship that would give me chances to showcase my leadership and organizing abilities, but maybe I'm already getting there without a formal institution to tell me that I've learned such practices.

No comments:

Visit the New Blog

If you're looking for freshly updated content, visit my new blog at www.SelinaPittari.com.