May 6, 2010

Artistic Endeavors



This week I've spent a bunch of time digging around in other peoples' lives and gaining inspiration for myself for blogging and creativity.

A site that I've been frequenting is Geninne.com, the blog of a woman who watercolors birds and other delightful pieces of nature. She is a wonderful artist, and it turns out that her sons are as well. I think the most inspiring part of her whole journey is that she has grown as a blogger in her professionalism. It's nice to be able to track back to the times of her beginnings and see how far she's come.

This week I also joined a place called Doodle Club. Every week there is a themed assignment, and we commit to putting out one piece of art that we can say encompasses the theme. This week we are drawing our own super heroes. As practice, I've been doodling in my notebooks and doing some character sketches of my superhero before the deadline for this week's doodle.

As far as trying my own hand at art, I was recently inspired by a post on Letting Out the Creative Beast by Betsy Streeter. She uses a creative technique for many of her posts by taking pictures of her drawings as she tells us the best way to let our beast shine. It also helps that her drawings are adorable!

Another "artistic" idea that I've been playing around with is the idea that composing Polyvore sets can also be creative. It's a site where you can put together your own outfits based on the clothing items from popular stores. Here are some of my Polyvore sets. If you've ever been to CollegeFashion.net, then you already know what I'm talking about. I think I'll try my hand at it one day soon when I have some extra time.

No comments:

Visit the New Blog

If you're looking for freshly updated content, visit my new blog at www.SelinaPittari.com.