June 15, 2010

Crafts Toy Box: Bringing Back the Memories

A wallop of time will be freeing itself up due to the onset of summer. Due to this, I'm deciding to let my creativity run wild, which also means that I'll be taking on more artistic challenges.

Right now I've been dabbling, and dabbling costs money if you're not already set up for the job. Hence, I'm slowly building up the inventory to be able to unleash my creativity. I recently likened the act of creation and crafting to my younger years of playing. My sister and I had a specific way we "played" with our toys. We usually created stories with our characters, and it was how we spent most of our free time. Of course, for the sake of organization, we had a large toy box that housed our action figures, stuffed animals, and general play things. Every morning when we woke up, we'd dig into our toy box and pull out some new toys to spark our imaginations. I want to do this with arts and crafts. By transforming plastic storage drawers into my crafts toy box, I feel excited every time I peek in.

Here's a picture of what my box looks like:


The top of the box holds my scrapbooking paper and my tissue paper (inside the American Eagle box).

Drawer 1
This holds my writing/drawing/painting tools and the other basic materials such as scissors and a sewing kit.

Drawer 2
In the second drawer, I keep my ribbons and lace, and general paper materials.

Drawer 3
I have miscellaneous things in this drawer; some of which include paper bags, beads, bows, and felt.

Now that I feel sufficiently prepped for any craft-work that I might do, it'll be much easier for me to go ahead and make things at the drop of a hat, or even ponder over what I could be making. This drawer is the perfect rainy-day thing for me to do.

No comments:

Visit the New Blog

If you're looking for freshly updated content, visit my new blog at www.SelinaPittari.com.