April 24, 2010

The True Source of Meaningful Interaction

I've learned so much today from random interaction with familiar people and strangers. Topics of culture, education, career advice, adult-child interactions, peer-pressure, and volunteerism came up. The catch to these conversations is that these people did not immediately share the knowledge that I found to be most useful and engaging. In fact, the use of guiding questions is what had the most impact on my ability to connect with them.

I asked these people their favorite blank, why they like blank, and how they got started with blank. Forming a genuine conversation is not hard, but you need to be just that -- genuine. It always brightens my day to have communicated with someone in a deep way. So I'd like to pose this question: What have you asked about today?

1 comment:

Adina Michelle said...

Very true. Conversation can be so easy and natural with almost anyone as long as you start speaking from a genuine place.


.Adina Michelle

Visit the New Blog

If you're looking for freshly updated content, visit my new blog at www.SelinaPittari.com.