April 20, 2010

Get That Laid Back Vibe

I've been doing some reassessing of my own life, and have found that many pressing issues that I face everyday don't merit my time and consideration. The source of my stress is the result of me convincing myself that all tasks assigned to me are necessary. Let me let you in on a little secret: they're not.

Homework was one of the first things I reevaluated and then crossed off my list as a "top priority." I complete tons less homework everyday and as a result I have less to worry about, more free time to spend with family and friends, and the opportunity to concentrate my efforts on learning about topics that legitimately interest me. I've been utilizing my homework time with maximum efficiency and less attention to detail so that I can experiment with other ventures with my new found free time. There is so much more to learning than what you'll find in a textbook or in the classroom.

The one question I'll leave you with is: Are you stressing about something that doesn't deserve to evoke such negative emotions from you?

2 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Completely agree. It gets tough though when your parents don't have the same view. I was told to retake the SATs, get 4.0s, stop playing sports so much, and skip out on social events because my parents thought academics were much more important for my future. I don't blame them, for that was the environment in which they grew up. But I'm glad I didn't always listen because I feel much more well-rounded now. I've never thought social beings should be restricted to anything if you don't feel that is your passion.

Some other things I've deemed more or less unnecessary are buying new clothes and preparing good-tasting food for myself. I already have so many clothes, and I want nutrition, energetic & environmental sensibility, and simplicity to be my top priorities in food.

Visit the New Blog

If you're looking for freshly updated content, visit my new blog at www.SelinaPittari.com.